Decking Central Coast – The Ultimate Guide to Deck Selection, Planning & Maintenance
Specialists in all things decking in Central Coast
Decking Central Coast is the perfect place to find all your decking needs!
We have a wide variety of decking materials to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your home. Our experienced and knowledgeable team is always here to help you make the best decision for your home.
A new deck can completely transform your home – it’s like adding another room! Not only will it improve the look of your home, but it will also increase its value. So, if you’re considering renovating, don’t forget your deck!
The different types of decking materials available
Decking can be made from various materials, including wood and composite. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s essential to consider all the options carefully before making your decision.
Wood decks are durable and attractive and can be customized to match any home’s style. They require regular maintenance, such as staining and sealing, to protect them from the elements.
Composite decks are made of a combination of wood and plastic, making them more durable than wood decks. While they require less maintenance, they may be more expensive initially.
No matter what type of decking you choose, it’s essential to ensure it is installed correctly for maximum enjoyment and safety. This means hiring a professional deck-builder or reading up on building your own deck.
Planning your deck
Before the actual installation of your deck, planning should be done carefully. Take into account the following factors before starting your project:
• Location – Where do you want your deck to be installed? How much space do you have for it?
• Design – What type of design would you like for your deck? Do you want stairs or a ramp, benches, planters, etc.?
• Materials – Which type of wood or composite materials will you use?
• Cost – What is your available budget for the project?
Installing a deck can be a challenging job, but with the right tools and adequate planning, it can be quite rewarding. You’ll get to enjoy your outdoor space much more with a brand-new deck!
Building your deck
The deck-building process involves the following;
• Preparing the area – Make sure to clear out the area where you plan to build your deck. This could involve removing debris and plants and levelling the ground.
• Designing and planning – Draw up plans for how you want your deck to look, including measurements and materials you will use.
• Choosing materials – You need to decide what type of wood, composite or other material you’d like to use for your deck. Also consider what type of finish is best suited for your outdoor space.
• Installing deck footings and posts – The framework of the deck has to be secured properly with footings and posts so that it is sturdy and stable.
• Laying the deck boards – The deck boards need to be laid in a specific pattern for maximum stability and the best appearance.
• Finishing touches – Add any extra features such as railings, stairs, benches or other decorative touches to your desired design.
Maintaining your deck
The deck needs minimal care and maintenance to keep it looking great and lasting for years.
• Clean regularly – Sweep your deck on a regular basis with a stiff broom to remove dirt and debris.
• Stain or seal periodically – Re-stain or re-seal your deck every year or two, depending on the type of finish you’ve used. This will help protect it from the elements and keep it looking great.
• Repair as needed – Check your deck periodically for any loose boards or nails that may need to be repaired or replaced. This will help ensure your deck’s stability.
• Monitor weather conditions – The harsher the weather, the more you will need to take care of your deck. Make sure to keep an eye on the forecast and adjust your maintenance schedule accordingly.
• Clean spills quickly – If liquids or food spill on your deck, clean them up immediately. This will help prevent staining and other long-term damage that may occur if left unchecked.
Why choose us?
Decks provide a great addition to any home. They can create an outdoor living space that can be used for entertaining, relaxing or both. If you're interested in adding a deck to your home, call Decking Central Coast. We specialize in decks and can help you choose the right materials and design for your needs. We'll also handle the installation so you don't have to worry about a thing. Call us today and let us help you enjoy your outdoor space more than ever before.
Decking Central Coast
Address: 3/8 Akora Road, Wyoming NSW 2250
Telephone: (02) 4003 6404