Ipswich Decking - How to Choose the Perfect Type for Your Home
Specialists in decking at Ipswich
Looking for a new deck?
Ipswich Decking is the perfect choice for your outdoor living space. Our decks are made of high-quality materials and construction that will last for years to come. We have a variety of styles and colours to choose from, so you can find the perfect deck for your home.
Imagine spending lazy summer days lounging on your new deck. With Decking Ipswich, you can make that dream a reality. Our decks are easy to maintain and will add beauty and value to your home. Contact us today to get started on your project!
Visit our website or call us today at (07) 3555 8933 to learn more about our decking options!
The different types of decking materials available
Decking refers to the flat surface that makes up the flooring of your outdoor living space. It is typically made from wood, plastic, or composite material and can be installed over a frame of joists. The most common type of decking is pressure-treated lumber, which is treated with chemicals to resist rot and insects. Other options include cedar, redwood or mahogany.
The different materials differ in terms of cost, durability, and maintenance.
Pros and cons of each type of material
For timber decks, the pros are that they are a natural product, they are easy to work with, and they have a warm, rustic look. The cons are that they require more maintenance than other options, and they can be susceptible to rot and insect damage.
Composite decking is made from a mix of wood fibres and plastic. It is a popular choice because it looks like timber but has a longer lifespan and is easier to maintain. The downside of composite decking is that it can be more expensive than timber.
PVC decking is made from 100% plastic. It is a low-maintenance option, but it can look artificial and some people find it too slippery.
When choosing the deck for your home, it is important to consider materials that compliment your home.
How to choose the right type of decking for your home
Choosing the suitable type of deck for your home can be tricky. There are many things to consider such as budget, maintenance and the look of the deck. If you're not sure where to start, this guide will help you choose the perfect type of decking for your home.
Budget- choose something that still fits within your budget but also something that will last.
Maintenance- think about how much time you are willing to spend on upkeep. If you don't want to spend a lot of time maintaining your deck, choose a low-maintenance option.
The look of the deck- think about what style of decking would complement your home.
Installation tips for decking materials
The following are installation tips to keep in mind when installing your deck:
- Make sure the ground is level before you start the installation.
- If you are using wooden decking, make sure the boards are properly treated and sealed before installation.
- Be careful when handling nails and screws - they can be sharp and cause injury.
- Follow the instructions that come with the different materials to prevent damage during installation.
- Make sure you have the necessary tools for the job before you start.
- If you are not confident in your abilities, it is always best to hire a professional to do the job for you. This will ensure that the job is done properly and safely. Hiring a professional also means that you will have confidence in the workmanship and quality of the finished product.
Maintenance tips for keeping your deck looking new
Knowing some care tips for your deck can also help you to keep it looking new for many years.
- Regularly sweep the deck to remove any dirt or debris.
- Inspect the deck for any damage and repair it as soon as possible.
- Apply a sealant to the deck every few years to protect it from weathering and wear and tear.
For any installation, consultation, repair or maintenance contact Ipswich decking, we have the solution for all your decking needs.
Why choose Ipswich Decking?
Ipswich Decking is a professional deck builder that can help you create the perfect outdoor living space for your home. We offer a variety of services, from design and consultation to construction and installation. Our team has years of experience in the decking industry, so we know how to make your dream deck a reality. Contact us today to get started!
Address: 7 Limestone Street, Ipswich QLD 4305
Telephone: (07) 3555 8933